Learn how to pay for KWS park fees via e-Citizen platform, making your visit to KWS park, reserve, or sanctuary hassle-free and convenient. I will give you step-by-step instructions and guidelines to ensure a seamless payment process.
Kenya Wildlife Service (KWS) is a state corporation under the Ministry Of Tourism, Wildlife And Heritage. It was established by an Act of Parliament (Cap 376), now repealed by WCMA (2013), with the mandate to conserve and manage wildlife in Kenya and to enforce related laws and regulations. KWS also undertakes the conservation and management of wildlife resources across all protected area systems in collaboration with stakeholders.
Following a recent government directive for migration of all government services to the e-Citizen platform, KWS announced a new revenue payment solution intended to enhance customer experience and ensure convenience while accessing our services through the e-Citizen Government platform.
All visitors planning to visit KWS-managed national parks, reserves, and sanctuaries can make their payments through the eCitizen platform.
How to Pay for KWS Park Fees Via e-Citizen Platform
KWS has adopted a cashless payment system at all KWS parks and reserves points of access. Here are the steps on how to pay for KWS park fees via e-citizen platform;
- Download the e-Citizen mobile app from the Google Play Store or log in to your e-citizen account using a web browser.
- Log in to your eCitizen account or sign up for an account if you don’t have one.
- Scroll down and select Kenya Wildlife Service.
- Under KWS, select the park, reserve, or sanctuary you wish to visit.
- Read the Service Instructions carefully, then click Next.
- Then, please fill out the “General Information” form indicating the number of people planning to visit, their age, and gender.
- Countercheck the details provided to ensure they are correct, then click complete.
- You will be redirected to a payments window. Choose your preferred payment method, then proceed to pay the required amount.
- Review your details before clicking the “pay” button to complete the payment. If you select M-Pesa as your payment option, for instance, to complete the payment, you will receive an STK push notification on your mobile phone, which will prompt you to enter your M-Pesa pin and send.
- Once you have paid, you will receive a confirmation message and an e-ticket. Download the receipt/e-ticket, then submit it to the officer at the reserve, park, or sanctuary entrance during your visit.
Available Payment Methods to Pay for KWS Park Fees via E-Citizen
The following payment methods are available for paying KWS Park fees online;
- Airtel Money
- Telkom T-Kash
- KCB RTGS
- Co-operative Bank
- KCB Cash
Kenyan Citizens and Residents are required to carry identification documents such as National ID for verification purposes.
If you face any challenges on how to pay for KWS park fees via e-Citizen platform, please get in touch with KWS using their toll-free number: 0800 597 000