Can you change your Twitter handle? The quick answer: Yes, you can change your current Twitter username in a few simple steps to a more fun and professional one. Here is how to change Twitter handle to reflect your personal or professional brand better.
How to Change Twitter Handle on the Web
A Twitter handle is basically your username on Twitter and it starts with @ symbol e.g. @username. On Twitter, your handle is different from your display name.
Here is how to change your Twitter username on your desktop web browser:
- Login to Twitter on your web browser
- Click on the More button to your left
3. Select Settings and Support > Settings and privacy
4. Click on Your Account > Account Information
5. Click username to change and then save.
Note: You may be prompted to enter your password to confirm it is you.
How to Change Twitter Handle on Android or iPhone
How to change your Twitter handle: Open your mobile app> swipe right>tap settings & Support>tap on settings and privacy>tap on your account>then the account information> tap username>enter new username>then click done.
Change your Twitter username on your mobile device:
- Open your Twitter app and then swipe right
- Tap on Settings and Support > Settings and Privacy
3. Select “Your Account” > “Account Information.“
4. Enter your new username and tap Done to save changes before exiting
Note that you will lose your verification status (blue checkmark badge) if you change your handle. And as such, you will need to apply afresh later.
Why Change Your Twitter Username?
You can rebrand yourself by changing your Twitter handle. A good Twitter username depicts professionalism and will make it easy for your followers to remember.
Additionally, by changing your Twitter username, you will start afresh on the platform without losing your followers or previous tweets. You may also want to update your followers on the username change to avoid confusion.
With your updated Twitter username in place, you can continue sharing your thoughts and ideas with the world and build your online presence.