Learn how to strikethrough on Google Docs with our guide. Perfect for highlighting changes or marking completed tasks in your documents.
What is Strikethrough?
A strikethrough is a formatting tool that adds a line through the center of a specific text phrase, sentence, or paragraph. This feature is provided on the Toolbar for Google Docs in the header section.
The feature often indicates that a text has been deleted or is no longer relevant. When writing, you can also use this feature to show the completion of a task(s) on your to-do list or highlight sections of your document to make corrections later.
In this guide, I will show you how to cross out text on Google Docs using the strikethrough option provided on Toolbar and keyboard shortcuts. Let’s get started.
How to Strikethrough on Google Docs
MacBook and Windows Laptop
Using the Format button on the toolbar menu to strikethrough text is fairly easy. Follow these steps:
- Open your document on Google Docs
- Highlight the specific text you want to strikethrough
- Click the Format button on the ToolBar section
- Move the cursor hand pointer to the Text button, then click strikethrough.
iOS and Android
The procedure to strikethrough on Google Docs is the same for both iOS and Android devices. Follow these steps:
- Launch the Google Docs app
- Open your document
- Highlight the text to strikethrough
- Then tap on Format Button – represented by the letter “A” with four horizontal lines.
- Tap on the strikethrough button -represented by “
S” at the bottom
- Tap on the checkmark “✓” at the top left corner to save changes before exiting.
Keyboard Shortcuts to Strikethrough on Google Docs
- Windows Keyboard – Highlight the section of the text, then press the Alt+Sift+5 keys simultaneously.
- Mac Keyboard – Select your text, then press the Command+Shift+X keys simultaneously.
How to Remove Strikethrough in Google Docs
To remove the strikethrough on Google Docs document, highlight the crossed-out text section, click on the format tab, then click strikethrough. Alternatively, you can use the keyboard shortcuts.
On a Windows laptop, select the crossed-out text and then press the Alt+Sift+5 keys simultaneously. And on a Mac keyboard, press the Command+Shift+X keys altogether.
Finally, here is how to remove the strikethrough on mobile: select the crossed-out text>tap on the format button> then tap strikethrough.
Format your Documents on Google Docs
When using strikethrough, always give a clear context and explanation for the crossed-out text for effective communication. Also, use this feature sparingly to avoid cluttering your document.
We hope this article helped you learn how to strikethrough a document on Google Docs.
We’ve done a comprehensive guide on how to check the word count on Google Docs. Feel free to can check it out.
Finally, follow us on Twitter for more tech-related tips and tricks.