Here’s how to delete Uber account in a few steps. If you have an Uber Eats account, that will also be erased along with your main Uber account.
Uber is an online ride-hailing company that provides a platform for passengers to request rides from nearby drivers using a mobile app. It has revolutionized how people move from Point A to Point B by providing a more convenient and accessible transportation option.
However, there may be a time when you want to switch to a different rideshare service such as Lyft or Bolt or you want to delete your Uber account permanently because of concerns such as rude or unprofessional drivers, accidents, harassment, or assault. With such serious concerns, it may be time to quit the service and seek alternative transportation options.
This article will guide you on how to delete Uber account on mobile and on your computer in a few simple steps in 2023. You will also learn how to reactivate your Uber Account if you change your mind.
How to Delete Uber Account via the App
Here are the steps on how to delete Uber account using the Uber mobile app:
- Open the Uber app and tap the account icon at the bottom right, then select “Settings”
2. Select the “Privacy” button, then tap on the “Privacy Centre” button
3. Scroll down to Account Security, then tap “Account deletion.”
4. Next, you’ll be redirected to verify your identity by re-entering the email or phone number and password connected to your Uber account. If you don’t have SMS 2FA verification enabled on your account, you’ll be asked to turn it on by entering the One Time Password (OTP) to the provided phone number. The OTP is a 4-digit code.
5. Once you’ve enabled the OTP SMS verification on your Uber account, enter the code 4-digit OTP code sent to you in the Verification Code text box, and hit Verify.
6. Tap on the Continue button to proceed with the deletion.
7. You will be prompted to select a reason for deleting your Uber account from a list of options. If you don’t want to give a reason for deletion, just select the “prefer not to say” option.
8. Finally, tap the Delete account button and your Uber account will be deactivated immediately.
How to Delete Uber Account via the Web
- Open this link (https://www.uber.com/) on your web browser and sign in.
- Click the Help button at the top right corner, then select Account
- Select Account Settings, then Delete my Uber account
- Click the Delete My Uber Account button and you will be redirected to a new page where Uber will ask you the reason for deleting your Uber account. Select one option from the list of options given. Alternatively, if you don’t want to give a reason for deletion, just select the option that you prefer not to say.
- Finally, click on the Delete Account button to delete your Uber account permanently. See the attached screenshot images to help on how to delete Uber account using the website.
Note that When you delete your account, your Uber rider profile and Uber Eats profile will be deactivated immediately and after 30 days, they will be deleted permanently. If you had any unused credits, promotions, or rewards, all will be removed.
Also, read: How to Delete Spotify Account
How to Reactivate Your Uber Account
In case you change your mind before 30 days elapse from the date you deleted your Uber account, you can easily reactivate the account.
- First, open your email and locate the email from Uber titled “Your request to delete your account was successful.”
- Scroll down and click the “Restore Account” button
- You will be redirected to a new web tab where you will be prompted to sign in to your Uber account.
- After successfully signing in, you will receive an email from Uber titled “Welcome back to the Uber community.” This is a confirmation that your Uber account has been reactivated successfully.
Can I Reactivate my Uber Account if I Change My Mind?
Yes. You can reactivate your Uber account within 30 days of deactivating the account by signing in to your Uber account. After that, your Uber rider profile and Uber Eats profile will be deleted permanently including any unused credits, promotions, your ride history, or rewards.
How can I delete my Uber driver account?
To delete your Uber driver account, you’ll need to send an email to Uber support. Compose an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “I Want to Delete My Uber Driver Account”.
Alternatively, you can contact Uber support by signing in to your Uber account, select the Help tab and from the drop-down menu, select Contact Support.
Can I Delete my Uber account and make a new one with the same number?
Yes, you can delete your Uber account and create a new one. However, you will need to use a unique email address and phone number for the new Uber account.
Why can’t I Delete my Uber Eats account?
If you have any outstanding payments on your Eats account, you must clear the payment before you can delete your account.
Related: How to Delete Spotify Account
If you follow the steps outlined in this article, you will delete your Uber account easily. Secondly, make sure to check if there are any ongoing subscriptions associated with your Uber account before forward with the deletion. If you have any issues or concerns during the deletion process, consider contacting Uber support.
Finally, by deleting your Uber account, you can opt for alternative transportation options that are better suited to meet your needs and expectations. Take note that you can reactivate your Uber account within 30 days of account deletion.