In this article, you will learn how to pay for M-Kopa phone via M-Pesa in Kenya and how to unlock your phone after making the payment.
You can make your daily or weekly payments to M-Kopa via M-PESA Pay Bill Number 333222 or through the M-KOPA App. Please note that M-Kopa does not accept cash payments for the purchase of any of its products.
You can pay for your M-Kopa phone in three ways: Via M-Pesa paybill number 333222, using the M-Kopa app, or using your bonga points.
How to Pay for M-Kopa Phone via M-PESA Paybill Number 333222:
- Open your M-Pesa app or Sim Toolkit (STK)
- Select Lipa na M-Pesa, then select Paybill Option
- Enter the M-Kopa paybill number 333222
- Key in your ID number as the account number. Ensure to enter the ID number you used to register for M-Kopa.
- Enter your daily instalment amount e.g. Kshs 80
- Enter your M-Pesa pin and send.
Here are the methods accepted by M-Kopa for down payments and daily, weekly, or monthly payments toward the purchase of any of its products:
- In Kenya – M-PESA Pay Bill Number 333222.
- In Uganda – For MTN: Dial *165#. For Airtel: Dial *185*44#
- In Nigeria – Authorized direct debit to M-KOPA.
- In Ghana – Dial *718*287#
Related: How to Pay Watu Credit Loan
How to Pay for M-Kopa Phone Using Bonga Points
If you are a Safaricom subscriber, you have the privilege to pay for your M-Kopa phone using your Bonga points. Follow these steps:
- Dial *126# on your Safaricom line
- Select Lipa na Bonga Points (Option 2)
- Then select the Paybill Option (Option 2)
- Enter the M-Kopa Business Number 333222
- Key in your ID number as the account number. Enter the ID number you used to register for M-Kopa.
- Enter the amount in KSH e.g. 50 and press Send to confirm.
How to Pay for M-Kopa Phone via M-Kopa App
If your phone is locked, you will need to make a payment to unlock it. Here is how to unlock your phone by making a payment via the M-Kopa app:
- Open the M-Kopa app
- On the home M-Kopa screen, click on Make Payment
- You will be redirected to select and confirm the account you want to pay for.
- Enter the amount to pay and tap on Pay Now.
- On the Payment request, check details and select Confirm.
- After a few seconds, an M-Pesa pop-up menu will be sent to your phone. Enter your M-Pesa pin and press OK.
How Does M-Kopa Lock Phones?
How to Unlock M-Kopa Phones
The best way to unlock your M-Kopa phone is by making contractual daily, weekly, or monthly payments. The other methods of SP Flashing or restoring your phone to factory settings are not recommended as they may render your phone unusable. You will also be going against the M-Kopa terms and conditions, and thus you will be committing a criminal offence.
Here are the procedures for unlocking your M-Kopa Nokia and Samsung Phones in a legitimate way.
How to Unlock Your M-Kopa Nokia Phone After Making Payment
Here are the steps on how to unlock M-Kopa Nokia phone after making a payment:
- Once you have made the payment, go back to M-Kopa locked page and select “Open M-Kopa App“
- On the M-Kopa app, select “Unlock Phone“
- Then select “Check Usage Days“. You will see how long your phone will remain unlocked.
How to Unlock Your M-Kopa Samsung Phone After Making Payment
Once you have made the M-Kopa payment, you can unlock your Samsung phone by following these steps:
- Go to the M-Kopa lock page and select “Other customer support options“
- Then click on “Refresh Account Status” and your phone will be unlocked.
How to Check M-Kopa Phone Balance via USSD Code
On your phone, dial the USSD Code *685# and follow the prompts. Alternatively, you can send the word “Balance” to 22201 via SMS.
How to Check M-Kopa Phone Balance via My M-Kopa App
- First, download and install the My M-Kopa app from the Google Play Store.
- Open the M-Kopa app and log in to your account.
- Click on the My Account tab
- Then select the account you want to check the balance
- Your account balance will be displayed on the account summary page.
What Is the Paybill of M-Kopa?
The official M-Kopa paybill number for your daily, weekly, or monthly payments is 333222.
What Is the Ussd Code for M-Kopa in Kenya?
In Kenya, dial the USSD code *685# to make payments, check your account balances, and access other online M-Kopa services.
What Happens if You Don’t Pay For Your Mkopa Product?
if you fail to make your daily, weekly, or monthly payments for M-Kopa products, M-Kopa will deactivate the product and you will lose access to it until you clear all outstanding balances. Additionally, M-Kopa may report your credit history to a Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) until you clear your Credit Fee payments. This will negatively impact your credit score and as a result, you may not be able to access their products in the future.
Which Countries Does M-Kopa Operate In?
M-Kopa operates in Four African countries – Kenya, Uganda, Nigeria, and Ghana.
M-Kopa Customer Care Contacts
You can contact M-Kopa customer care in Kenya through the following channels:
- WhatsApp 0799 136 761
- Call 0707 333222
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Twitter: @mkopakenya
- Facebook: M-KOPA