In this article, you will learn everything about Watu Credit Motorbikes prices and boda boda loans in Kenya. Want to own a motorbike? Read on.
Watu Credit is one of Kenya’s leading motorbikes financing solutions providers. The company offers a range of flexible and affordable financing options to help individuals and businesses acquire motorbikes and tuk-tuks for personal or commercial use.
Watu Credit Motorbikes Prices
Are you looking for Watu Credit Motorbikes prices and loans? You are in the right place. Learn about Watu Credit Motorbike prices and loans to guide you with the decision of whether to go for Watu Credit motorbike financing or opt for alternative boda boda loan providers.
How much does a boda boda cost? A brand-new bodaboda in Kenya can cost anything between KES 70,000 to KES 300,000, depending on its model, specifications, and the dealership. Different dealers have different prices for their motorbikes.
To learn more, feel free to see our comprehensive guide on TVS Motorbike prices in Kenya.
Watu Credit Motorbikes Loans
Are you looking for financial help from Watu Credit for a Motorbike? Watu Credit offers financing options for owning a boda boda and tuk-tuk in Kenya with flexible payment terms of up to 24 months.
They also deal with various boda-boda or tuk-tuk models such as TVS, Honda, Haojin, Piaggio, Sonlink, Skygo, and many more.
Types of Loans Offered by Watu Credit in Kenya
- Boda boda and tuk-tuk loans
- Smartphone Loans (Watu Simu) – Watu Simu finances a select range of Samsung Galaxy smartphones.
- Car Financing in Kenya – Popularly referred to as Watu Gari, which offers loan terms of up to 60 months.
Watu Credit Boda Boda Loan – Requirements
Here are the requirements to get a bodaboda or Tuk Tuk loan from Watu Credit;
- KRA Pin Certificate
- Original National ID – for the borrower and 1 Guarantor.
- 1 Guarantor – aged between 20 years and 65 years
- Two referees – 18 years and above
- Minimum Deposit of KES 20,000 for Motorcycle financing or KES 50,000 for Tuk-tuk financing.
- M-Pesa registered Safaricom phone number – must have been in use for the last 6 months
Once you have met all the above criteria, you will get a Watu Credit motorbike with comprehensive insurance and GPS tracking services.
Also read: How to Pay Watu Credit Loan
Watu Credit Loan Down Payment
For a boda boda financing loan, you will be required to make a minimum down payment of KES 20,000 while for a Tuk-tuk financing, the minimum deposit is KES 50,000.
Watu Credit USSD Code
Dial the USSD Code *876# and follow the prompts to access the Watu Credit online services.
How To Check Watu Credit Loan Balance on the Phone
You can check your Watu Credit loan balance and other online services via the USSD code *876# and follow the prompts. You can only access the USSD code services through the phone number you provided during the loan application process.
How do I Pay My Watu Credit on My Motorcycle?
Watu Credit has a paybill number in place for your weekly loan payments. You can pay your weekly payments to the official Watu Credit paybill number 650880. Kindly note that they don’t accept cash payments.
If you are unsure about your payment details, you can contact your Watu Credit agent for guidance before making payments.
Watu Credit Branches in Kenya
You can easily access Watu Credit services through their branches spread across the country. You can visit any of their branches near you for financing and other related services. Here are some of the cities and major towns where you can find Watu Credit:
Watu Credit Contacts
You can contact Watu Credit Limited in Kenya by calling these numbers;
- 0790 000 999
- 0709 739 000
- 0719 111 000 (Emergencies)
- Email: email@example.com – For brand inquiries.
Watu Credit is also available in other African countries such as Tanzania, Uganda, Rwanda, Nigeria, and Sierra Leone.
Pros and Cons of Watu Credit Loans
- Flexible repayment terms – With Watu Credit, you can choose to pay back the loan over a period of 12 to 24 months. You can customize your repayment terms and instalments to suit your financial needs.
- Competitive Interest Rates – You can get a motorbike loan at competitive rates in the market and save money in the long run.
- High penalty charges for default – Watu Credit imposes high penalties for late payments or defaulting on your loan. If you cannot make your monthly repayments on time, you risk being charged hefty fees and having your motorbike repossessed.
- Limited Motorbikes selection to choose from. This means you may get a different type of motorbike than you want.
Is It Worth Getting a Bodaboda Loan from Watu Credit?
Whether or not it is worth getting a Watu Credit Motorbikes loan entirely depends on your specific circumstances and needs.
Take some time to carefully consider your financial situation, business needs, repayment terms, and interest rates before deciding. It would be best to compare the loan options from different providers to ensure you get the best deal for your needs.