Learn how to pay Watu Credit phones via M-PESA in Kenya with this step-by-step guide. Never miss a payment and keep your phone service active.
In Kenya, Watu Credit is a popular mobile phone financing company. The company offers a variety of financing options for both new phones, and it has a network of over 25 branches and has a network of over 400 authorized dealers across the country.
What Is Watu Simu?
Watu Simu is a subsidiary of Watu Africa, a financial services company based in Nairobi that provides a variety of products and services to Kenyans. Watu Simu offers flexible and affordable financing solutions for various smartphones in the Kenyan market.
Other products offered by Watu Africa include Watu Gari, Motorbikes and Tuk tuk loans and group lending products (short-term and business loans).
Steps on How to Pay Watu Credit Phones via M-PESA in Kenya
Here’s how to pay Watu Credit Phones via M-PESA.
- Open your M-Pesa app or Sim Toolkit (STK)
- Select Lipa na M-Pesa, then select Paybill Option
- Enter the Watu Credit paybill number 650880
- Key in your National ID number as the account number. Ensure to enter the ID number you used to register for Watu Credit.
- Enter your weekly instalment amount e.g. Kshs 600
- Enter your M-Pesa pin and send.
You will receive a confirmation message once your payment has been successful. You will also receive an acknowledgement SMS from Watu Simu for the received payments.
The payment process via Paybill for Watu Simu is similar to the process for paying for Watu Credit Motorbikes Loan.
How to Get a Phone Through Watu Simu
Here are the requirements you must meet to get phone financing from Watu Simu:
- Present your original National ID.
- You must not have active loans with Watu Credit
- Must be at least 18 years old
- An active mobile money transaction line
- Provide a next of kin contact details (the contact must be available/online for verification)
- Pay the minimum down payment amount for the selected device.
Related: M-Kopa Phones and Prices in Kenya
The Onboarding Process for Watu Credit Phones
Here is the onboarding process for getting a phone from Watu Simu:
- Visit your nearest Watu Simu store.
- Select your preferred Samsung Galaxy smartphone offered by Watu Credit.
- Get pre-approval on your application.
- Pay the down payment for the phone
- The verification process will take a few minutes (5-10 minutes).
- Once verified, the phone will be activated, and you can leave with your new Samsung device. You will then need to make weekly payments until the loan is paid off. The payment period for Watu Simu is up to 24 months.
Smartphones Available at Watu Simu for Financing
- Samsung Galaxy A03 Core
- Samsung Galaxy A03
- Samsung Galaxy A13
- Samsung Galaxy A23
- Samsung Galaxy A33
Note that these Samsung Galaxy devices have a warranty period of 24 months and if you buy the Samsung Galaxy A13, A23, or A33, the device will be registered for a one-time accidental front screen repair with Samsung Care+.
How to Unlock Watu Credit Phone
The phone will be locked if you fail to make your weekly payment as per the loan agreement. Samsung’s Knox security feature makes it possible to lock Samsung devices remotely. This system ensures that no unauthorized user can access the device. Additionally, Knox allows the device to be locked, wiped and tracked remotely.
To unlock your phone, pay the required daily or weekly instalment amount to the Watu Credit phones paybill number: 650880. Pay Watu Credit phones to keep your device unlocked and connected.
What Is the Phone Number for Watu Credit Phones?
You can contact the Watu Simu Customer Care team through the following phone numbers:
- 0790 000 999
- 0709 739 000
- 0719 111 000 (Emergencies)
- Email: email@example.com
What Is the Watu Credit M-PESA Paybill Number?
Watu Simu Paybill Number is 650880. All payments must be made via the official Watu paybill number, as Watu does not accept cash payments.
Watu Simu will send an SMS reminder at the beginning of each week to remind customers of the upcoming payment deadline.
If you are looking for a way to finance your dream mobile phone, Watu Simu is a great option. Another option that you can try is M-Kopa Kenya.