This step-by-step guide will help you easily make your payment and stay connected to your favourite TV shows. Learn how to pay GOtv via MPESA in Kenya.
Gotv is a popular digital satellite TV provider that offers a wide range of local and international channels. It offers services in several African countries, including Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Zambia, and Uganda. The company is owned by MultiChoice, a South African multinational media and internet company that also owns DStv, another popular satellite TV service.
GoTV is a popular choice for people who want affordable and convenient access to a wide range of TV channels for sports, movies, news, music, and reality TV Shows.
In this article, you will learn how to pay Gotv via MPESA, Gotv Web Portal and the USSD code *423#. Let’s dive in.
How to Pay GOtv via MPESA in Kenya
There are three ways you can pay for Gotv subscription in Kenya via MPESA:
- Using Sim Toolkit (STK)
- Using the MPESA app
- Using USSD Code *423#
Let’s see how to use each of the above methods to pay for your Gotv package and enjoy unlimited entertainment.
How to Pay Gotv Via MPESA
Before starting the payment process, please ensure that your decoder is on before making payment.
How to pay Gotv via MPESA Sim Toolkit (STK):
Step 1: Open the Sim Toolkit and select ‘MPESA’
Step 2: Select Lipa na MPESA and then the Paybill option
Step 3: Enter the GOtv Paybill number 423655
Step 4: Enter the correct GOtv IUC Number as the account number. You can find your Gotv IUC Number on an orange sticker under your Gotv decoder.
Step 5: Enter the amount you want to pay that corresponds with your subscription package. See the Gotv Packages and prices in Kenya to know your relevant subscription amount.
Step 6: Enter your MPESA pin and press Ok.
You will then receive a confirmation SMS of your payment. Please note that your payment details can take up to an hour to update. This is because Multichoice Kenya updates the payments done via Safaricom hourly.
How to Pay Gotv via MPESA app
Here is how to pay for Gotv via MPESA App:
- Open the MPESA app and log in using your biometrics or your MPESA pin.
- Tap on Pay, then select paybill
- Enter the Gotv Paybill Number 423655
- Then enter the correct GOtv IUC Number as the Account Number
- Enter the subscription amount to pay, then tap Continue.
- Enter your MPESA Pin and pay the bill. And that is it. You will get an SMS confirmation shortly.
Alternatively, you can use the mySafaricom app to pay for your Gotv subscription. The process is pretty much the same.
How to Pay Gotv Using USSD Code *423#
You can pay Gotv with the USSD code *423#. Here’s how to pay Gotv via MPESA using the USSD code *423#:
- Dial *423# on your phone.
- Select Gotv
- Then select account balance and payments
- Select your Gotv profile
- Then enter the amount you wish to pay and send
- After a few seconds, you will receive an STK push message on your MPESA number. Enter your MPESA pin and send. Once the transaction is processed, your Gotv account will be activated.
How to Pay Gotv via Bank Account
Follow these steps to pay Gotv via your Bank account
- Log in to your mobile banking app
- Select Pay Utilities
- Select GOtv
- Enter your correct IUC number
- Enter the amount you want to pay that corresponds with your subscription package.
- Select the linked bank account to service the payment
- Enter the PIN number of the bank account selected
- Click on Submit to process the payment.
If you are a KCB bank customer, you can pay for your Gotv subscription either using the KCB mobile app, the USSD Code *522#, or you can simply visit your nearest KCB Bank Agent.
Banks in Kenya that Support Gotv Bill Payments
Here is a list of banks that support Gotv bill payments:
- I&M Bank
- KCB Bank
- Equity Bank
- Diamond Trust Bank
- Faulu Microfinance Bank
- NCBA Bank
- Co-operative Bank
- Kingdom Bank Kenya (Formerly Jamii Bora Bank).
- Rafiki Bank
- Guaranty Trust Bank
Other Ways to Pay Gotv in Kenya
1. Credit Card Payment
You can pay for your GOtv subscription using a Credit Card powered by Craft Silicon. Sign in to your myGotv web account and click on “Pay”. Select Credit Card Payment Powered by Craft Silicon from the list of online payment methods provided.
2. MyGotv Web Portal
- Sign in to your account using your phone number and IUC Number.
- Click on Pay and enter your package amount.
- Select MPESA as your preferred payment provider
- Confirm your MPESA mobile number or enter a new one to pay and then click Continue.
- After a few seconds, you will receive an STK push pop-up message on the selected MPESA number. Enter your MPESA pin and send.
Once the transaction is processed, your Gotv account will be activated.
What is the USSD code for GOtv payment in Kenya?
Dial the USSD code *423# to pay or renew your GOtv subscription and enjoy non-stop entertainment. With the USSD code *423#, you can also check your account payment due date, you can clear error codes on your screen, update your personal details, check the prices of GOtv packages and more.
What is the pay bill number for GOtv in Kenya?
The GOtv PayBill Number is 423655. With the GOtv paybill number, you can settle down and enjoy your favourite entertainment.
How can I contact GOtv customer care?
What is IUC Number?
IUC Number is a 10-digit number that is unique to your Gotv account and decoder. You can find your Gotv IUC Number clearly marked on an orange sticker under your Gotv decoder.
What is the USSD code for GOtv Kenya?
Dial the USSD code *423# to check your account balance and make payments for your GOtv subscription.
GOtv is increasingly becoming the go-to option for TV subscriptions and set-top boxes because it is one of the most affordable in Kenya. The subscription packages are tailored to meet the needs of the average Kenyan, with a wide range of channels to choose from. Select your preferred Gotv package and pay using MPESA.